Hostify Cloud backup powered by Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is a unique integration of backup with full-stack next-generation anti-malware protection and comprehensive endpoint management tools. This synergy eliminates complexity, so service providers can protect customers better while keeping costs down.
Lost data leads to lost revenue and downtime, often results in customer dissatisfaction, regulatory fines and additional expenses to get running again. That’s why businesses depend on the availability and security of all data. Up-time demands put IT pros under tremendous pressure to protect every piece of growing data, without impacting production systems.
They must keep the company running 24-hours a day in order to meet SLAs. They need a fast, scaleable, data protection infrastructure that doesn’t consume their limited budgets.
Keep your business running in any disaster by proactively preventing downtime or immediately, reliably, restoring any piece of data. Keep growing, do more, spend less. Get unlimited scalability, protect any future workload, and leverage any storage and/or cloud. You can keep your costs low and productivity high.
Hostify Cyber Backup Cloud utilizes Acronis’ top-notch archiving technology, the result of 15 years of ongoing research and innovation. It allows you to:
21 platforms protected, with more being added.
Select from various storage options that fit your environment.
Select different backup types based on your device.
Save data from your first full backup on a local hard drive (e.g. if you have large amounts of data or a slow internet connection), and then ship the drive to a remote data centre.
There the initial seeding backup will be uploaded to cloud storage. Only incremental backups will be saved to the cloud repository thereafter.
Perform manual or automatic backups according to the desired schedule and frequency.
Set monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, or even every 10 minutes.
Set up a backup retention policy and apply it to a specific device or a number of machines.
You can store backups indefinitely, limit the number of backups per machine, or specify how long to keep backup files.
Reduce costs related to recovery tasks.
Acronis Universal Restore makes dissimilar hardware recovery dramatically faster by detecting the machine type and auto-installing appropriate drivers for the hardware, thus removing incompatibility issues.
Provide your employees with a web-based, touch-friendly console to access backups, search for and restore files wherever and whenever it’s needed.
There will be no need to contact MSPs or corporate admins to execute basic tasks.
Protect data in Microsoft Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business,and SharePoint Online.
With comprehensive cloud-to-cloud backup, flexible recovery options, such as granular, point-in-time and cross-tenant recovery, and the ability to preview and search for content within backups of all three services.
Protect G Suite data stored in Gmail, Drive (including Team Drives),Contacts and Calendar from a wide range of threats.
Ensure fast, reliable recovery with flexible restore options(from single user-items to a user’s entire Drive or Gmail data), quick search of G Suite backups, and blockchain-based notarization of files in Drive backups –to ensure data is unchanged.
Achieve best-in-industry RTOs
By starting any Windows or Linux system (physical or virtual) directly from the backup storage on your existing Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware vSphere ESXi host –without moving data.
Prevent system downtime caused by ransomware with a unique, proactive technology that stops 99.99% of attacks.
Any files impacted before an attack was deflected are automatically restored.
Maintain regulatory compliance.
By protecting your backups with AES-256 data encryption, so only you can access the data.
Rest assured your data is safe and business processes can remain uninterrupted.
The data centers that host Acronis Cyber Backup Cloudare Tier-IV designed and have received a number of certifications, including ISO 27001 and ISO 9001.
• Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2*
• Windows Small Business Server 2011, 2008
• Windows MultiPoint Server 2012, 2011, 2010
• Windows Storage Server R2/2016, 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2
• Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
• Linux x86_64 with kernel from 2.6.18 to 4.9 and glibc 2.3.4 or later
• Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2, 2003*
• Windows Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003 R2, 2003
• Windows MultiPoint Server 2012, 2011, 2010
• Windows Storage Server R2/2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003
• Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3
• Linux with kernel from 2.6.9 to 4.15 and glibc 2.3.4 or later
• Various 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x86_64) Linux distributions including:
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x–7.5
• Ubuntu 9.10–17.10, 18.04
• Fedora 11–24
• SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10–12*
• Debian 4–9.4
• CentOS 5.x–7.5
• CloudLinux 7, 7.1
• ClearOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, 7.4
• Oracle Linux 5.x–7.5 (including UEK)
• OS X 10.11 or later*
• macOS 10.13 High Sierra
• macOS 10.14 Mojave
• iOS 8 or later
• Android® 4.1 or later
• Office 365®: Exchange Online SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business
• Amazon Web Services EC2® Instances
• Microsoft Azure® VMs
• VMware vSphere ESX(i) 6.7, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, including vSphere Hypervisor (free ESXi)*
• Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
• Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 with Hyper-V
• Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (x64) with Hyper-V
• Citrix XenServer® 4.1–7.5*
• Red Hat® Virtualization 2.2–4.1
• Linux KVM
• Oracle VM Server 3.0–3.3
• Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.x
• Nutanix AHV from 20160925.x to 20180425.x
• Oracle Database 12, 11*
• Microsoft Exchange Online
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
– including cluster configurations • Microsoft SQL Server® 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 – including cluster configurations
• Local disks – SATA, SCSI, IDE, RAID
• Networked storage devices – SMB, NFS, iSCSI, FC
• Removable media – ZIP®, Rev®, RDX®, etc.
• External HDDs and SSDs – USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 and IEEE1394 (Firewire)
• Tape drives (incl. LTO8), autoloaders, and libraries, including media management and barcode support
• Acronis Cloud Storage
• Acronis Storage
• Amazon S3, Azure Storage, Google
• Cloud with Acronis Storage Gateway
• ReiserFS3, ReiserFS4*
• Linux SWAP
• Google Chrome® 29 or later
• Mozilla Firefox® 23 or later
• Opera 16 or later
• Windows Internet Explorer® 10 or later
• Microsoft Edge® 25 or later
• Safari® 8 or later (running in Apple OS X and iOS)